Welcome to First Steps Nursery
Thank you for expressing an interest in our nursery. Established in 1990, we offer high quality care and education and a stimulating environment for babies and children from three months to five-year olds.
Our nursery building has been specifically designed with children in mind, complete with a purpose built preschool. We have four bright and modern age specific play rooms and a large outdoor area with plenty of outdoor space allowing the children lots of room to explore their outdoor learning environment.
A little bit about us:
- We provide delicious homemade meals which are prepared onsite by our nursery Chef
- Our rooms are resourced with age appropriate items such as arts & crafts, sand and water play, book corners, role play and sensory resources which provide a stimulating environment.
- We provide a safe and secure environment.
- Our friendly, experienced qualified staff are Paediatric First Aid trained, DBS checked and hold a Safeguarding certificate.
- We have an active Partnership with Parents; we communicate with parents through our monthly newsletters, updates via email, parent notice boards and parents’ evenings and social evenings.
- We are a Sing & Sign affiliated nursery; a communication programme which helps stimulate a baby’s speech.
- We offer free all-inclusive activities such as Music & Movement, Mini Chef’s and Sing & Sign.
I have worked in the childcare sector for over 23 years and have a degree in Early Years.
We would love the opportunity to show you around our nursery and show you our approach.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to our nursery.
Caroline Underwood, Nursery Manager
Our Aims & Values
- To provide high quality care for all of the nursery
- To provide a safe and secure environment
- To work in close partnership with parents
- To provide all children with a positive experience
- To provide equal opportunities for all children